Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Surprised by Joy!


Here is the second part of my writing on happiness. I hope it proves to clarify my opinion better:} originally again from my personal reflection journal


I have to clarify something. My last entry could appear to be on the negative side, but though I don’t believe in happiness I surely believe in joy. What is happiness? By definition it means to be: glad, content; lucky, fortunate. Who is content? We should never be content with our present state, we need to be continually striving not quitting until we reach the end of our lives and reach heaven, like my friend Sheldon says in his CD The Gift of Unhappiness: “I’ll refuse to be content to early.”
I have never been lucky in my life and don’t think I even really believe in luck. It’s just a way to explain good in ones life and to explain why some people have an easyier time in the life then others. Why people don’t die when the doctors say they have a week to live or to explain why someone just misses getting hit by a car. I would rather believe in miracles and the protecting hand of God and his guiding in my life.
Now what is joy? By definition it is: “gladness, pleasure.” I think that is more accurate to my place in life. I can smile because of the joy I have. I can be glad that I can live and love and be free. I can live for joy. When I hear great music, when I feel love for my friends, when I see a beautiful sun set. When I dream and when I think of hope. In all of this I find pleasure. Joy is realistic! There is pain in life and a lot of dark times. But it is the moments of joy that keep me up. God has given me the gift of hope, which is held by joy. I thank Jesus for that! The tears of joy I have shed are the sweetest I ever tasted. It is in those tears that make me feel alive!

B~ron

2 Comments:

Blogger Tommi said...

I love your writing!
link me! http://tomasalyn.blogspot.com

7:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey byron,
this is ringin a bell for us over in europe. so many people i meet just want to go out and find happiness. whether its pot or just getting drunk. i dont know, but i know the world is crazy in love with finding something, and so am i. christians are the same way, really. wanting to find that need fullfilled in God and for a lot of us, its difficult. like the Bible says, 'be filled with the holy spirit (which connects to its fruit).' its something we all need to work on as christians, not to conform but transform. thanks for the blog byron, it helped put things together for me. God bless byron, see ya sometime soon i hope.
perry

3:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home